Student of the Year
The Tooele Applied Technology College (TATC) Student of the Year competition is an exciting opportunity for students to represent TATC in Tooele County and the State of Utah. The TATC Student of the Year will receive a $1,000.00 cash prize and the chance to compete for the Utah College of Applied Technology (UCAT) Student of the Year.
The UCAT Student of the Year will receive the use of a leased car comparable to a 2016 Ford Focus for the period of two (2) years. The winner may elect a cash prize if the lease is not a feasible option.
- The entrant must be eighteen (18) years old or older.
- The entrant must be a current student of TATC or have graduated from TATC within the current calendar year.
- The entrant must be or have graduated in “good standing” as determined by the instructor and Student of the Year (SOTY) coordinator.
- The entrant must sign and agree to adhere to all Student of the Year rules and regulations if elected.
- Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to quality, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud.
- The entrant irrevocably grants TATC and UCAT the right to use entrant’s name, likeness, and biographical information and any photos that may be submitted to the website in any and all media for any purpose, including without limita-tion, advertising and promotional purposes, whereby permitted by law.
How to Enter
- Complete the TATC Student of the Year Application and have application signed by the student and instructor or apply online here. Applications must be received by October 21.
- Submit a 5″x7″ photo of yourself. This photo needs to be a professional looking photo of yourself from the shoulders up. Not an action shot of you doing something or a family picture with you in it. It needs to be just you.
- Write a two page essay on why you chose career and technical education and how you will use it to better your life.
- Prepare a five minute presentation that will follow the same theme as your essay. This presentation should focus on your experience at TATC and how you plan to use the skills you obtained to make you successful in life. You will pre-sent this presentation in your interview for Student of the Year.
- Prepare for an interview, focusing on why you think you should be TATC’s Student of the Year and UCAT’s Student of the Year and the community and state ambassador of technical education.
- Review, sign and agree to comply with all rules and regulations of the TATC. Student of the Year application and forms