The “business world” is constantly changing. Employers are looking for multi-faucet skills from potential employees.
The Business Technologies program is designed to prepare students for jobs in today’s computerized business environment. Technological sophistication is gained through hands-on computer training in current word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software. Students will also gain human relations, mathematics and communication skills—all essential for success in the work place.
How to Enroll
- Year-round except holidays
- 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday – Thursday
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Friday
- Meet with Student Services personnel for an initial interview
- Complete an Application for Enrollment
- Choose your schedule as described below
- Complete the Pre-Registration Form (high school students only)
- If appropriate, complete a test for basic skills
- Make payment for registration, course fees, books and supplies
- Attend the College’s orientation conducted by a Director of Instruction
Choosing Your Schedule
The College operates on a year round schedule. The hours of instruction for most programs and courses are in one hour blocks Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Students can choose any block of time and any combination of days of the week. You can find the times and locations specific courses are offered on the individual course pages under Programs or by contacting Student Services.
The College also offers some defined programs and courses. Defined courses are only available at certain times during the year and have set start dates, end dates, and class times. Enrollment in defined programs and courses is on a first-come basis until the program or course is fully enrolled. The enrollment process for defined offerings is the same as for open entry programs and courses.
Students who have completed their objective and officially withdrawn at the conclusion of their training may re-enroll by establishing a new training plan and schedule. Students who have been withdrawn due to a 10-day drop will be required to pay a $20 reinstatement fee, establish a new schedule, and meet with advisement staff prior to returning to class.
For more information, please call Student Services at (435) 248-1800 or visit our office at 88 S. Tooele Blvd., Tooele, UT 84074.